I have been an avid learner throughout. I have always been keen on upgrading my knowledge to serve my jobs responsibilities. I have been agile to take up the opportunities that come my way and have always worked for the betterment of society.
Bachelor of Environmental Public Health
Conestoga College, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada Present
Focus Area: Conduct compliance inspections; water, food safety, personal service settings, outbreak management, investigate complaints and animal bite incidents, work on special projects
Currently enrolled in the environmental public health course at Conestoga College. Knowledge gained from my previous courses and desire to keep everyone in community healthy made me opt for this course, through which I feel I’ll be able to ensure that people stay healthy.
Bachelor of Education
Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India 2014
Focus Area: Career Guidance & Counseling; School Organization & Management, Principles & Techniques of Teaching & Learning, The Learner- Nature and development
The zeal for contributing to the betterment of society and the lack of environment-related jobs made me sought other ways of doing so, which lead me to teach. As training the youth and imbibing them with good ethics, according to me would certainly ensure a better tomorrow for everyone. I taught classes ranging from nursery to grade 12.
Masters of Environmental Science
Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat, Gujarat, India 2012
Focus Area: Environmental Management, Legislation and Policy, Solid and Hazardous Waste Management, Biotechnology & Environmental Health, Safety, Water and Waste Water Management, Air Pollution and Control
The increasing knowledge about environmental degradation which I obtained as I grew up and my avid love for nature, made me ardent to find a way to make a difference in our everyday practices and help to prevent further deterioration of the environment. I researched on Microbial Fuel Cells as a way to produce electricity using sludge and wastewater and reducing the heavy metals present in it in the due course.
Bachelor of Applied Science (Microbiology)
Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat, Gujarat, India 2010
Focus Area: Microbial Genetics and Metabolism, Immunology and Medical Microbiology, Microbial Ecology and Environmental Microbiology, Food Microbiology and Fermentation Technology, Microbial Genomics and Bioinformatics.
I took up microbiology as my undergraduate course because since the day I came to know about the existence of those single-celled creatures as a child, I kind of became super curious about how they affect us and how they survive. Moreover gaining little insights into the structure and mechanism of such creatures due to the course of school made me more firm to learn in detail about them.
- Skilled in the use of Hedgehog software, as a result of the daily inspections, documentation of fieldwork and nexus issues
- Developed excellent tact, diplomacy, and public relation skills from communicating regularly with operators and providing education to them regarding potential health hazards
- Demonstrated excellent risk assessment skills form conducting field inspections and identifying potential health hazards
- Thorough understanding of HPPA and underlying public health laws, regulations and standards in Ontario through course-based learning and application of new regulations during inspections
- Skilled in conducting a literature review, assembling background information for research and applying evidence-based research to understand public health through previous research internship and current course-based research
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to balance workloads efficiently and able to work in a constantly changing environment
- Flexible, willing to take more responsibilities as needed
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Provide written reports to satisfy program needs and the requirements of the board of certifications
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in groups
- Efficient in keeping the schedule on time and meeting tight deadlines
- Strong data analysis skills with attention to detail and critical thinking
- Ability to grasp new concepts & utilize them in a productive manner
- Open and receptive to feedback, advice, questions and directions